Metaplane accesses your Tableau Site automatically generates lineage between warehouse tables/columns with downstream Tableau fields, worksheets, Dashboards, and workbooks.
In order for Metaplane to extract your metadata from Tableau you must meet all of the Tableau Metadata GraphQL requirements:
- Tableau Cloud/Server 2019.3 or later.
- Tableau REST API must not be disabled.
- The Metadata API must be enabled.
- The Metadata API must be accessed via an access token.
For details on how to create a user token please refer to the Tableau Documentation.
To add a source, navigate to the Connections page and click the Tableau button. A modal will prompt you for the following information:
- Server Version (e.g. 2021.3)
- Server Endpoint (e.g. https://prod-useast-b.online.tableau.com)
- Token Name
- Token Value
Once you've entered this credentials you can save the connection for testing:
Metaplane will always connect to your data warehouse from these static IP addresses:
Updated 3 months ago