Metaplane accesses your Tableau Site and automatically generates lineage between warehouse tables/columns with downstream Tableau fields, worksheets, dashboards, and workbooks.
In order for Metaplane to extract your metadata from Tableau you must meet all of the Tableau Metadata GraphQL requirements:
- Tableau Cloud/Server 2019.3 or later.
- Tableau REST API must not be disabled.
- The Metadata API must be enabled.
- The Metadata API must be accessed via an access token.
For details on how to create a user token please refer to the Tableau Documentation.
To add a source, navigate to the Connections page and click the Tableau button. A modal will prompt you for the following information:
- Name (for use within Metaplane only)
- Server Version (e.g. 2021.3)
- Server Endpoint (e.g. https://prod-useast-b.online.tableau.com)
- Token Name
- Token Value
Once you've entered this credentials you can save the connection for testing:
Once your Tableau account is successfully connected, Metaplane will sync and automatically derive lineage from warehouse tables/columns to Tableau workbooks. You will be able to see your Tableau lineage on your test pages and in your slack alerts.
Metaplane will always connect to your Tableau server from these static IP addresses:
Updated 5 months ago