Metaplane supports sending data quality alerts to Microsoft Teams via Incoming Webhooks. Incoming Webhooks allow external applications to share content in Microsoft Teams channels.
- Create an Incoming Webhook for the channel that you want to be notified in. You can do this by following the steps in the Microsoft Teams documentation.
- In Metaplane, navigate to the Alerts page
- Click "Connect MS Teams" in the upper right-hand corner.
- Provide a name for the webhook and the webhook URL that you generated in step 1. The name is only used within the Metaplane app so that you can disambiguate webhooks in the case that you create multiple.
- Click "Add destination"
- To verify that the webhook is working, click the "Verify" button associated with the newly created alert destination. Within seconds a message should be sent to the webhook's associated channel.
That's it. You can setup as many webhooks as you'd like by clicking the "Add destination" button associated with the Microsoft Teams webhook section.
Head over to the Alert routing docs to learn about how you can route different types of alerts to different channels.
Updated about 1 year ago